No matter how hard we all try there are always those moments when we aren't prepared when it comes to sun protection. If you do get a sunburn try these natural remedies!
- Use aloe vera cream or gel directly on the skin (check to make sure there are no preservatives added!!!)
- Coconut oil is very cooling and a great moisturizer for sunburned skin
- Dip a guaze pad into cool milk and apply it directly to the sunburn
- Pulverize som lettuce and apply it directly to the burned skin
- Place a bag of ice or frozen food on the burned skin. Make sure you don't leave the ice on for more than a few minutes at a time.
Question of the Day: Do you remember any really bad sunburns from your childhood?
I have vivid memories of a horrible sunburn I got when my family was in Costa Rica. Even though my brother and I had sunscreen on playing in the water and being closer to the equator our sun just couldn't hold it's own.
**Adapted from The Complete Book of Ayurvedic Home Remedies by Dr. Vasant Lad