Thursday, January 3, 2013

Carrot Meat(less) Balls

I haven't posted a recipe in a long time and I'm craving these Carrot Meat(less) Balls that I made before Christmas.  I'm going to have to add them to our weekly plan for some time next week!

Meatballs are yummy but whenever I have them they sit in my stomach for a few hours making me feel uncomfortable.  Now I have a new recipe that I can make when Steve is having meatballs.



I used the leftover pulp from a carrot juice I made but sometime I will also try making these without juicing the carrots because I know most of you don't have juicers. If you try it before I get around to it please let me know how they turn out.

The assembly for these Carrot Meat(less) Balls is very similar to regular meatballs.  Mix the carrot with cheese, herbs and egg.  Shape the mixture into balls and bake.  This is a very easy dish to make along side making regular meat balls.

Carrot Meat(less) Balls
2 cups carrot pulp, loosely packed
1 egg, beaten
1/3 cup crumbled feta
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon sea salt

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.  Mix together the pulp and spices. Add in the feta and stir well before adding in the egg. Form the mixture into balls equaling about 2 tablespoons  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set the balls on the parchment paper.  Bake for 15 minutes and gently flip over the balls before baking for another 15 minutes or until they are firm. You can serve these Carrot Meat(less) Balls over pasta or on their own. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment