Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Upcoming Changes

Hi Everyone! I hope you had a great New Year's Eve. Steve was working so Ollie and I cuddled on the sofa.  When the fireworks started going off at about 9:30pm Ollie started getting stressed out.  He wasn't a happy camper when we had a thunderstorm a few months ago so I wasn't surprised about his lack of enthusiasm for the fireworks.  Needless to say I spent the next three hours trying to make Ollie calm down and relax.  I let him on the bed (which is a first) and he burrowed under the covers.  Finally around 12:30am when the fireworks stopped he calmed down and let me sleep. I hope everyone else enjoyed their New Year's Eve even if it was spent sleeping!




As some of you know I'm in the process of figuring out what direction I want to go with my blog and my business of being a yoga teacher.  I've been writing in Blueberries and BBQ for the past 4 months and have enjoyed it very much however it isn't the same path I want to continue on.  I want to integrate my business of being a yoga teacher with my love of cooking into a new website.  I feel that Blueberries and BBQ was too restrictive as to what I wanted to write about.  I enjoy writing about the food I'm cooking but I want to include pieces of yoga, nutrition, and anything else that sparks my interest.  Right now I'm basically looking at the new website/blog as a way for me to share information about whatever is on my mind.  Part of my experience with writing is focusing on my audience.  I am writing for myself and also for whoever is reading my blog.

Since you are my audience I would love your help in deciding on a new name for my blog. At first I thought about just going with www.emmalyn.com but I don't think that gives an idea of what I'm writing about and only tells people my name.  Another option I thought about was www.eatbreatheyoga.com  a few people I've already talked to like this. What do you think?

Other suggestions I've gotten are www.thebendycook.com and www.yogalifefood.com. What do you think about the options? Do you have any others?

I don't want to include a physical location in the website since I will be moving in the next few years. I want it to be something people can easily remember and isn't difficult to spell. I would like it to give an idea of what my focuses are but that's not absolutely necessary if there is something that has a better fit.
My main goal is to come up with a website that I can us to share anything from recipes to experiences to yoga and where I can send possible yoga students to see where I teach and what I have to offer relating to yoga. I believe I can find a perfect balance but still fulfill all the roles it's just a matter of being creative.

I really appreciate all your help and suggestions. I also appreciate all your support over the past few months.  

No comments:

Post a Comment