Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Quinoa Casserole

I took a break from blogging over the weekend but I'm back on my quinoa kick!  I wasn't feeling motivated to cook so I threw this together with things from the fridge and freezer.  Steve added some chicken to it so he could get his meat.



Quinoa Casserole
1 cup dried quinoa
2 cups water
Any veggies of your choice! I used broccoli, carrots and frozen peas
cheese
bread crumbs

 Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Prepare the quinoa according to the directions on the package.  Steam any of the fresh veggies. Put all the veggies in a baking dish. The size will depend on the amount of veggies.  Mix together the vegetables, quinoa, and cheese.  Sprinkle the bread crumbs and some of the cheese on the top and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the cheese is melted and the breadcrumbs are browned.  This is a yummy, creamy dish of comfort food.



No comments:

Post a Comment