Thursday, April 4, 2013

Planting My Garden

Happy Spring! On Monday it was 85 and sunny but yesterday and today it was in the high 40s and rainy. One thing I've learned to love about Texas is that the growing season is VERY long. I planted a few plants in early March and they are still doing great. They are in pots and I only had to bring them in to the house twice to keep them away from the cold. 


When I moved here in August I bought a few herb plants but they didn't live more than a week or so. I'm not sure if I did something wrong or if they were just on their last legs when I bought them. I was nervous to start a garden this spring but it's all worked out for the best. Thanks Mom, Poppie, Bram, and Ollie for all the help!

This is my Simon and Garfunkel box, with parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme. 

Chocolate mint and pineapple mint on the left and zucchini on the right (which has now sprouted).

Two Sweet 100 Cherry tomato plants. They are now twice as big and already have flowers and a few small, green tomatoes. 

Ollie helping Mom and me plant some of the herbs. 

Poppie inspecting the pot for a tomato plant. 

So far I have basil, tomatoes, parsley, mint, sage, thyme, zucchini, cucumbers, and spinach!!

Question of the Day: What are you planting in your garden this year? 

No comments:

Post a Comment