Monday, December 10, 2012

Roasted Pumpkin with Cauliflower "Rice"

I'm adding to my pumpkin list! This time I've paired it with cauliflower "rice." Over the weekend I was browsing through recipes and found a bunch for cauliflower rice. I wasn't sure what they were referring to until I read the recipes.  Basically the idea is that the cauliflower becomes the rice is any dish.  Because we still had pumpkin in the house I decided to make a dish by roasting the pumpkin, sauteing some onions, and serving it over cauliflower rice.

Making the "rice" is very simple.  Just cut off the florets of the cauliflower, put it in the food processor, and saute in some oil. I used the pumpkin as a vegetable topping.


Roasted Pumpkin with Cauliflower "Rice"
3 cups pumpkin, cubed
1 head cauliflower
1/2 onion, diced
1 teaspoons Turmeric
EVOO
Salt
Pepper

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Place the cubed pumpkin on a baking sheet and drizzle with some EVOO.  Stir together and bake for 15 minutes.  Take the pumpkin out of the oven, add the onion and stir together once again.  Bake for another 15 minutes or until you can easily slide a fork into the pumpkin.  Wash the cauliflower and dry.  Cut off all the florets, dry and place into the food processor.  Pulse for about a minute until the cauliflower is choppy. Be careful not to process it too much because this will make your "rice" mushy.  Heat 1 tablespoon EVOO in a skillet over medium low heat.  Place the cauliflower, turmeric, salt and pepper in the pan and saute for about 5 minutes until the pieces are soft and slightly crispy. Mix together the cauliflower "rice" and pumpkin onion mixture.  Serve right way. Enjoy!!

**Sorry there aren't any pictures of this dish. I can't find them on the camera or on the computer. But I promise it's yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment