Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Banana Peanut Butter Truffles

One of the great things about being home (at my parent's house) is being able to make lots of food and not feeling like Steve and I have to eat it all by ourselves. Also my brother, Bram, eats about the amount of Steve and I together so I can always try out new recipes. Bram has been known to eat four large meals a day. When we are home he regularly has two breakfasts, lunch, a big afternoon snack, dinner and a bowl of ice cream.


In Texas I try not to make many deserts because I end up eating most of them but when I am in Becket I can make lots of deserts! This time I made Banana Truffles which are based off of a recipe from Detoxinista. Bram doesn't like bananas so this was a little risky to make but he still liked them, probably because of the peanut butter.

One thing to keep in mind is that the chocolate will start to cool so don't try to make too many batched at once.  In the picture below you can see a few of the pieces that were messy because I tried heating too much chocolate at one time. I also found that sticking tooth picks into the bananas made it easier to coat them in chocolate.

Banana Truffles
Adapted from Detoxinista
2 ripe bananas
3 oz semi-sweet chocolate
2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
1 teaspoon coconut oil, melted
pinch of sea salt

Slice the bananas into 1/2 inch disks and place on a parchment paper covered baking sheet. Put the bananas in the freezer for 30 minutes. Melt the chocolate and mix together the peanut butter, coconut oil, and salt in a small bowl.  Remove the banana pieces from the freezer. Dip the banana pieces in the chocolate to cover all sides and place back on the parchment paper. Return the chocolate covered bananas to the freezer for about 30 minutes until the chocolate has set. Place a dollop of the peanut butter mixture on the top of the chocolate and return to the freezer for at least a few hours or even over night. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment