Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Roasted Carrot Soup with Rosemary

I made this a few weeks ago and am going to make it again tonight. I have a few more days on my detox so I am in the process of working foods back into my system.

I love when the weather gets colder and hot soups are added back into our options for dinners.  I've been wanting to make a butternut squash soup but they aren't in the stores yet down here in Texas.  So I'm making a roasted carrot soup instead.


Roasted Carrot Soup with Rosemary
5 cups carrots, peeled, roughly chopped
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1 tablespoon EVOO
2 teaspoons rosemary
Salt and Pepper
3 cups vegetable stock
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.  Put the carrots and onion on the baking sheet and toss with the EVOO, 1 teaspoon rosemary, salt, and paper. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.  Toss the vegetables again and bake for another 10 minutes.

Take the carrots out of the oven and combing with the vegetable stock in a sauce pan.  Bring the combination to a simmer.  Stir in the sugar and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until the carrots are soft. Let it cool for 10 minutes before combining in the blender with the vinegar.  Blend until smooth.  If the soup is too thick add more stock or water.  Put the soup back on the stove and heat until top over medium heat.  Serve with the remaining teaspoon of fresh rosemary sprinkled on top.






No comments:

Post a Comment