Friday, November 2, 2012

Black Bean Sliders

Steve had a craving for sliders which sounded yummy to me but I needed a break from meat so I'm made Black Bean Sliders to go along side the beef sliders.  I've never made my own black bean burgers but I've have had both good and bad store bought ones. These are SO yummy! I had to stop myself from eating too much. You can easily make these into regular burger size by just making the patties bigger.



Black Bean Sliders
2 cups black beans, cooked and drained OR one 15oz can
1/4 cup brown rice
1/4 cup frozen corn
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons salsa
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
pinch cayenne pepper
pinch hing
salt and pepper to taste

Rinse the beans and pat them dry with paper towels.  Make sure the beans are very dry because excess water will make the sliders more likely to fall apart.  Put the beans in the food processor or blender and precess until chunky.  Place beans in a large mixing bowl.  Mix in the rice, corn, breadcrumbs, salsa, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.  Set aside for 20 minutes to let the breadcrumbs absorb the excess liquid.  Heat some EVOO over medium heat.  Shape the bean mixture into slider size patties and place in the hot oil.  After about 4 minutes flip to the other side and cook for another 4 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment