Monday, April 1, 2013

Food Rules: Part Two

A few weeks ago I shared a few of my favorite Food Rules from the first part of Michael Pollan's book. The rules in the second part of his book are answers to the question "what kind of food should I eat?"

1. Eat your colors. Colors make anything prettier and that's true with food. 
2. Treat meat as a flavoring or special occasion food. Try planning your meals around a vegetable and then adding a meat to it if you want to include animal protein. 

3. Eat all the junk food you want as long as you cook it yourself. Next time you want ice cream, pizza, cake, or french fries make it for yourself because you will have control over the ingredients. You will feel more satisfaction from making the special treat that you won't keep going back for more in search for that "feeling." 



Question of the day: What is your favorite "junk" food to make for yourself?

I love to make pies and crisps for my special treat. I won't eat store-bought ones because I have no idea what's in them and the love in my kitchen makes mine (or my mom's) that much better! 

No comments:

Post a Comment