Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Red Pepper "Cheese" Dip

Mom asked me to figure out some type of appetizer to bring with us for Thanksgiving.  We hang out at my mom's aunt and uncle before we going out for dinner.  Usually there is a spread of cheese, chips, dips, vegetables, wine and sodas.  I have to admit that cheese and crackers are one of my indulgences. I love cheese and crackers but I knew that I couldn't eat a lot of them on Thanksgiving since so much food was going to follow a few short hours later.

A few weeks ago I found a recipe for a vegan Red Pepper Cheese Dip which this is based on with a few minor changes.



All of the ingredients are very simple except for Nutritional Yeast.  I haven't had any luck with finding it in regular grocery stores but health food stores usually always have it. If you don't see it ask because some places hide it away in secret shelves.

Just mix all the ingredients together in a blender or food processor (I personally prefer a blender because it's easier to pour it out after without making a mess.)  You can serve this with cut vegetables (celery, carrots, peppers, and cucumber where our choice) or even crackers.

Red Pepper Cheese Dip
2 red bell peppers, cut and seeded
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
3/4 cup Nutritional Yeast
3/4 cup raw tahini
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 cup water

Mix all ingredients together and blend until creamy.  The dip will thicken when it chills so make sure it rests in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving. I made mine the night before and it was delicious the next day. Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. This is quite tasty and also makes a great spread for sandwiches instead of mayo.

    ReplyDelete