Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Coconut Cookies

These cookies are amazing and they are VERY healthy!! There are five, yes I said five, ingredients, and no white sugar!!! Over the past year I've fallen in love with coconut...again.  It seems like every few years I remember how much I love coconut.  The last time I fell in love with coconut was when I took a vacation to Brazil and was able to drink coconut water from fresh coconuts on the beach in a remote town.  These cookies remind me of that vacation and remind me how much I love coconut!

This recipe is based off of the Crunchy Coconut Cookie recipe that is in Ayurvedic Cooking for Westerners with a few changes.

Coconut Cookies
2 egg whites
1/2 cup date sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups unsweetened flaked or shredded coconut
1 large or 2 small dates, chopped

Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.  Beat the egg whites until the peak.  Gently fold in the date sugar.  Then fold in the date, vanilla extract, and coconut.  Spoon onto parchment paper on a baking sheet.  Bake in the oven for 12 minutes or until golden brown.  Warning: These cookies will over cook very fast so take them out as soon as they are ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment