Saturday, September 8, 2012

Crispy Kale Chips


This is one of my all time favorite veggie dishes to eat and it's really easy.  During my Yoga Teacher Training one of my friends said she had made a batch of kale chips for her kids and they devoured the whole head of kale.  The way she described it sounded delicious and I knew I had to try it.  I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. I will usually make it as a side dish for lunch or dinner, but I've also sat down and eaten a whole head of kale chips by myself for lunch.


Crispy Kale Chips
1 head of kale
EVOO
Salt

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Using a sharp knife slice the leaves of the kale off the stems and break into smaller pieces. Place the kale on a baking sheet and pat dry with a paper towel. Drizzle with EVOO and stir the leaves to make sure the oil is spread around.  Sprinkle with salt.  Bake for 10 minutes and stir the kale.  If the chips aren't crispy enough put them back in the oven for another few minutes.  I suggest only doing 2 or 3 minutes at a time so you don't burn them.  Once they reach the right crispiness for you place them in a bowl and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment