Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Avocado Kale Alfredo Pasta

In honor of my post yesterday about my love of avocados  I am going to share with you one of my favorite avocado dishes. There are so many ways to eat avocados; some of my favorites are avo toast, avocado pudding, guacamole, in salads, and on pizza. But today I'm going to share a pasta dish that showcases the creaminess of avocado. 


This pasta dish so easy to make so so much healthier than a pasta dish with real Alfredo sauce. It doesn't sit in your stomach for hours after. Instead it makes you feel healthy but full.

Avocado Kale Alfredo Pasta
1 ripe avocado
6 to 10 kale leaves, stems removed
Lemon juice
Salt
Pasta of choice (I use whole wheat or quinoa pasta.)


Prepare the pasta according to the directions on the package. While the pasta is cooking make the Alfredo sauce by putting the avocado, kale, lemon juice and salt into the food processor and processing. I'm not sure how much lemon or salt to use because I just go by taste. Start off with a little and slowly add more until it's perfect for you. Drain the pasta, put it in a bowl, and pour the sauce on top. Stir it up and enjoy!!

2 comments: