Start off by soaking the rice for at least 15 minutes. This will make it easier to digest. Then cook the rice according to the directions. I used white basmati rice because it is the easiest for me to digest. I used to only eat brown rice but according to Ayurveda it's much harder on our bodies.
When the rice is finished cooking set it aside and begin cooking the kale. Mix together the mirin, soy sauce, sesame oil, and maple syrup in a small bowl. Place 4 cups of water into a large skillet and bring to a boil. Place the kale in the water and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Drain the kale and set it aside. Heat oil in the same large skillet and add in the garlic powder, onion powder, salt and kale. Stir in the eggs and cook until firm. Add in the rice and stir until it's warmed up. Drizzle on the sauce and when it's all mixed together serve.
I hope you enjoy this as much as I did. Steve said "It tastes just like regular fried rice."
Kale Fried Rice
Adapted from Iowa Girl Eats
1/2 cup basmati rice
3/4 cup water
4 cups kale, stems removed, chopped
4 cups water
1/2 teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon EVOO oil
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
2 tablespoons mirin, or other sweet cooking wine
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1 teaspoon maple syrup
2 eggs, beaten
1. Cook rice according to direction.
2. Mix together the mirin, soy sauce, sesame oil, and maple syrup.
3. Heat 4 cups water in a large skillet. Add kale and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, until tender. Drain and set aside.
4. Heat EVOO in skillet and add the garlic powder, onion powder, salt and kale.
5. Add the eggs, stir, and cook until firm.
6. Add the rice and stir until warm.
7. Add the sauce mixture and stir everything together.
Serve and enjoy!!