Thursday, November 15, 2012

Stewed Apples with Cinnamon


After all the long posts this week I decided it was time for a shorter one! I hope you enjoy it.

I discovered this recipe during my detox! I wanted to have fruit for breakfast but I felt that just eating an apple raw made it feel less like a meal and more like a snack. I also wanted it to be warm.

You can easily do this with other fruits! I did a mixture of pear and apple once which was really good!



Stewed Apples with Cinnamon
1 apple, cored and chopped
a few sprinkles of ground cinnamon
about 1/4 to 1/3 cup water

Place the apple pieces in a small sauce pan.  Sprinkle on the cinnamon.  Pour the water into the pan.  You don't want the water to cover the apples. It will mix with the cinnamon and become a sauce for the apples! Put a cover on the put and heat it over medium heat. Cook for a few minutes or until the apples become slightly soft.  Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment