Here are some notes from our past week together:
- Ollie doesn't like going to the bathroom in the rain. But really who can blame him. This made for an interesting first weekend since it rained 4 inches over 3 days, but we made it work.
- In the entire 7 days Ollie has been here I've heard him bark once. Our neighbor's Basset Hound, named Nudge, spends a lot of time outside. When he barks Ollie usually just runs back and forth next to the fence or ignores him. One day Nudge started barking while Ollie and I were in the house and Ollie let out one normal bark...just one little woof. And we haven't heard another one since.
- Instead of barking Ollie has started what we are calling "talking." It's half way between a howl and a yawn. It usually varies in pitch which is why we are calling it talking, like when a baby is talking but really can't communicate. It's not very loud and actually very cute. He does it mostly when we first wake up or he is hungry.
- Ollie is an early riser. He thinks the rest of the world gets up at 5:15 when Steve does to go to PT (physical training). I've been able to convince him to go back to bed usually but a few mornings he wins and we get up and go for our walk early.
- Ollie loves going for our morning walks which are usually between 45 minutes and an hour. He tired and ready for breakfast by the time we get home.
|Ollie's car ride home.|
|Investigating his new kingdom.|
|His first walk.|
|His stuffed animal bear that lasted about 10 minutes before it lost its ears, hat, and insides.|
|A very happy first time dog daddy!|