Monday, March 18, 2013

Article Round-up

I've become a health article and blog post junkie. I follow a number of health focused blogs and health related news sources. These are a few of the most interesting articles I've run across. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did. 

Why I Will Never Go Back To Using Commercialized Hair Products (MindBodyGreen)
This article explains the idea of the "No Poo" hair cleaning method. Sulfates, a chemical found in many hair products, that are reportedly bad for your health. The "No Poo" method (AKA No Shampoo) uses baking soda and apple cider vinegar to clean your hair. I'm going to give it a try and see how it goes! I will keep you posted about it. 

Carrageenan in Our Foods (Oh She Glows)
For those of you who drink a non-dairy milk do you know about carrageenan? I didn't until I read this article. Carrageenan comes from red seaweed and has been linked to gastrointestinal inflammation, lesions, and colon cancer. There are links to lists of which products contain carrageenan and which don't. 


Why You Should Drink Water & Lemon (MindBodyGreen)
I read this article about a month ago and since then I've been adding lemon to the hot water I drink every morning. When I first started learning about Ayurveda I incorporated a cup of warm water right after waking up into my daily ritual. Adding lemon makes that cup of water even better. The flavor helps with waking up in the morning and there are a whole slew of other health benefits listed in the article. I mix the juice of about half a lemon with about a cup to cup and a half of warm water. Adjust the amount of lemon juice according to your preference. I hope this makes morning a little sweeter for you.


Eating Lots of Chocolate Helps People Stay Thin, Study Finds (CBS News) I'm a chocolate fan, but not as big a fan of some people I know, so this is great news for everyone! I've never really restricted my intake of chocolate, as long as it is dark chocolate rather than milk chocolate. Milk chocolate tends to have a larger amount of added sugar and has less of the original cocoa bean. I usually get dark chocolate with 60% or higher level of cacao. As with everything else eat it in moderation but enjoy every morsel of it!! 

Reader Feedback: What interesting articles have you read recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment