Friday, February 8, 2013

Just for Now: Yoga Class Reading

Here is another poem I've been reading in class to add to the list. When I first read this poem it didn't really mean anything substantial to me.  But over the past two weeks I've found it growing on me and I find myself saying "just for now" when I am dealing with something unpleasant. 

To me the phrase "just for now" is about bringing myself back to the moment and looking at the situation differently.  There is something about the short timeframe of "now" that lets me give myself permission to relax or "sink into stillness."


Just for Now

Just for now, without asking how, let yourself sink into stillness.
Just for now, lay down the weight you so patiently bear upon your shoulders.

Feel the earth receive you, and the infinite expanse of the sky grow even wider as your awareness reaches up to meet it.

Just for now, allow a wave of breath to enliven your experience.

Breathe out whatever blocks you from the truth.

Just for now, be boundless, free, with awakened energy tingling in your hands and feet. Drink in the possibility of being who and what you really are--so fully alive that the world looks different, newly born and vibrant, just for now.

By Danna Faulds

No comments:

Post a Comment