Thursday, December 20, 2012

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

This is not the version of Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies you are thinking of.  This is a healthy version with no flour and no refined sugar!! But don't think that takes away from how delicious they are.  With the holidays starting I've been itching to make cookies but I know that I can't go overboard because I won't be able to resist eating any cookies I make.  This is a healthier version so I won't feel badly eating it.


The recipe is based off of the blog Detoxinista but she used honey as her sweetener.  In Ayurveda heating honey makes it become a toxic substance.  I substituted the honey for maple syrup.  I'm sure the flavor is a little different but if you like maple syrup like I do there isn't a problem with that.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup creamy peanut putter, unsalted (preferably organic)
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Mix together all the ingredients except for the chocolate chips.  When that is all combined stir in the chocolate chips.  Cover your baking sheet with parchment papers and scoop out the cookie dough into tablespoon size pieces.  Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, turning the pan halfway through.  When the cookies are done take the pan out of the oven and let them sit for 10 minutes on the baking sheet (this is very important!) After 10 minutes move the cookies to a cooling rack to finish cooling. Enjoy on their own or with a glass of milk!

1 comment:

  1. These look so good! Cool to see cookies can be made without flour.

    ReplyDelete