Thursday, December 13, 2012

Banana Peanut Butter Pancakes

Who doesn't love pancakes?! I know I do! There is even a family story of me eating my weight in pancakes when I was little, taking a nap and then getting sick. But even after that experience I still love pancakes.  The one problem I have with pancakes is that they have about zero nutritional value, so I found a great alternative!

These pancakes are the perfect mix of banana and peanut butter in a warm, light pancake form.  I made these for myself when I was at my parents and my mom had a bite and really liked them (so it's not just me.)


They are also very easy to make! The banana, peanut butter, egg, and baking soda are mixed together before they are spooned onto parchment paper and baked at 400 degrees for 12 minutes.  Eat them right away so they are still warm. You can serve these with maple syrup but I found they were sweet and moist enough for me!

Banana Peanut Butter Pancakes
Adapted from Detoxinista
1 ripe banana, mashed
1 egg
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1 spoonful of peanut butter

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  Mix together the banana, egg, baking soda, and peanut butter.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.  Spoon the mixture into 4 equally sized pancakes with space between them.  Bake for 12 minutes.  Serve and enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment